Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I had a dream cont.

My real estate was very charming and clever. Tamara actually arranged a meeting party for us so we would feel like we belonged in her little community even before we moved . My husband was still teaching at the time. I am a makeup artist- (look at new website-justrightmakeup.com) Tamara had photograhers, artists, teachers at the party, everyone to make us feel like we were moving in tomorrow and making friends and business connections.

With all the good feelings from Tamara, my husband never really liked the idea of living in Albuquerque. He reminded me that we would still be an eight hour flight away from my son in NY. We then started thinking about Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Upstate New York. Nothing really fit the bill.

I had a dream ... last night.
I dreamt that I was first leaving Bergdorf Goodman and first saying goodbye and telling everyone that I was moving to Florida. Do you know what I woke up feeling? I woke up feeling that the thing I miss the most ,besides my son and his new wife, are the little bits of love I felt about my life in NY. I had friends everywhere I looked in Bergdorf Goodman. Some were close, some were only friendly acquaintances. I had a life filled with socializing with my husbands friends that became my friends and visa versa. I was surrounded by the excitement and culture of New York City which we took full advantage. We went to Broadway, Off Broadway, and yes even Off Off Broadway. We went to the Met. -The museum and even the opera a few times. We took the subway at 11:30 at night and never feared any danger. It is the city that definitely never sleeps. If you wanted to get a snack at 10PM you didn't have to think about what place is open- well maybe in Queens where I lived. I could visit my son and his new wife in Park Slope Brooklyn every three weeks or so and he would navigate us to one fabulous restaurant after another. There are people on the streets no matter what time of night coming and going to their choice of venues in Bklyn and NYC.

So why did I move away from all of this ? I moved for the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment